American Cemetery & Cremation is an independent trade magazine for cemetery owners and managers along with others allied to the field. Each issue of American Cemetery & Cremation offers in-depth coverage of issues affecting the cemetery profession in today's competitive business environment, including grounds maintenance tips, national and state association coverage, marketing, insurance, computers/software and more. With the relaunch of the American Cemetery & Cremation, there is also an added emphasis on cremation.
Published monthly (12 issues per year)
If you'd like to download an order form to subscribe to American Cemetery and Cremation, please click here.
Price: $49 (one year); $85 (two year)
||Place a classified ad
In February's Issue
- Cover Story
Finding Art at Mount Auburn – Multimedia artist Roberto Mighty is using Mount Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge, Massachusetts, to inspire creative expression.
By Steve Cronin
Mt. Moriah Cemetery Celebrates its Pioneer Spirit – Dating back to 1788, Mt. Moriah Cemetery in Union Township, Ohio, embraces its historic roots while meeting the needs of today's families.
By Lisa Howard-Fusco
- Design Portfolio
Beauty in the Making – St. Anthony Catholic Cemetery in Nanuet, New York, turned to LP Bronze International to create bas-reliefs on the eight banks of glass-front niches in its mausoleum.
By Patti Martin Bartsche
A Legacy of Remembrance – Our Lady of Mercy Cemetery in Doral, Florida, has long been recognized for its beautiful grounds. Its recently completed Ascension Mausoleum adds to the design aesthetic with a uniquely modern space that features open spaces and an inspired artistic design to provide families with peace and tranquility.
By Mary Jo Frick
In Every Issue
Association of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE)
United Communications Group (UCG)
- Silver Award Table of Contents Design, 2005
- Silver Award, Publication Re-design, 2004
Graphic Design USA
- Third Place, Best Instructional Reporting, "From Yesterday to Tomorrow: Does Your Cemetery Have a Plan?" May 2006
- First Place, Good Writing, "Survivor Cemeteries," November 2005
- Third Place, Good Writing, "Evanescence," March 2005
- Second Place, Good Writing, "Honoring Competence, Courage and Sacrifice," June 2007
- Third Place, Best Instructional Reporting, "Beware of Slip and Fall," November 2007
- Blue Book Advertising, 2005
- Mortality Symbols, 2005