DES MOINES, IOWA — The Compliance & Ethics Forum for Life Insurers (CEFLI) has chosen Homesteaders Vice President and Associate General Counsel Marla Lacey to join its 2014 Board of Directors. The board members were confirmed through a vote of the organization’s membership at its recent annual meeting.
CEFLI is a non-advocacy organization whose mission is to support the life insurance industry’s compliance and ethics professionals. The organization provides a forum for these professionals to share insights and innovative strategies.
“I am honored to serve on the board of CEFLI, an organization which has distinguished itself as the leader in life insurance compliance and ethics matters nationwide,” Lacey said. “I look forward to contributing in a meaningful way and to representing the perspective of the small-to-medium-size insurance company in these important industry topics.”
Lacey joined Homesteaders in 2012, and is responsible for overseeing Homesteaders’ legal and compliance departments. She received her Juris Doctor from University of Iowa With Distinction and earned her Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) designation in 2004, followed by her Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) designation in 2005.
The 2014 CEFLI Board of Directors includes:
• Stephen W. Koslow (Chair) – Senior Vice President, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer at CUNA Mutual Group
• John G. Apostle II (Chair Elect) – Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer at Genworth Financial
• Stephen C. Baker – Partner at Drinker Biddle & Reath
• Michael Brennan – Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer at Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
• Steve Callaway – Senior Associate Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer at Protective Life
• Maureen H. Closson – Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer & Associate General Counsel at Global Atlantic Financial Group
• William J. Dauksewicz – Vice President, Compliance at Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston
• James D. Gallagher – Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel at Manulife Financial/John Hancock
• Michael Gioffre – Senior Vice President & Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer at ING U.S.
• George Hanley – Director at Deloitte & Touche LLP
• Marla Lacey – Vice President, Associate General Counsel at Homesteaders Life Company
• Bradley J. Lucido – Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer at MassMutual
• Thomas Sullivan – Partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers