NonCompete Agreements: What You Need To Know
You don’t need to scramble to figure out what you can do lawfully to prevent employees from skipping out the door with your client lists, proprietary files and business strategies in hand. Learn the best practices for noncompete agreements to safeguard your business and prevent unfair competition from your current and former employees.
Dan Isard, founder and president of The Foresight Companies in Phoenix. He’s a nationally recognized authority in valuation, succession planning, business management, mergers and acquisitions, and preneed. Active in the financial services industry since 1974, he has developed close relationships with funeral directors, cemeterians, and combination operators across the United States, and he has established his reputation as a trusted adviser to business owners and their families
Harvey I. Lapin, an attorney with Sachs Sax Caplan in Boca Raton, Fla. Lapin specializes in the mortuary, crematory, cemetery, tax and corporation legal areas.
YOU'LL WALK AWAY KNOWING:
- The key provisions to include in your noncompete agreement.
- How to draft noncompete agreements that stand up in court.
- How to avoid huge noncompete loopholes.
- What to do when an employee departs.
- The best legal strategies to take when a competitor hires a former employee.