Why This Award? top
First, AFD believes that developing the next generation of funeral directors is essential in adding real and sustained value to the profession.
Second, this award will help our readers stay in touch with the people who will be the future leaders of the profession as they advance in their careers.
Students recognized as the Ones to Watch will receive:
- A certificate of recognition
- Recognition in American Funeral Director's September 2014 issue
- A complimentary two-year subscription to American Funeral Director magazine
Who is Eligible? top
Exceptional mortuary students who will be graduating in 2014.
Judging Criteria top
- What sets this student apart from his or her peers?
- How will this student make a positive impact on funeral service in the future?
- Examples (if any) of community involvement.
- Any extracurricular activities.
How to Enter top
We invite you to nominate a student or students for this recognition. We want to hear how the student(s) you are nominating best matches the judging category criteria. The following MUST be provided.
By mail or by fax*:
- A fully filled out and legible entry form
- A 350-500-word letter of why the student is poised to become a leader in the field
*NOTE: All additional entry information, besides the entry form, should be typewritten.
- A a fully completed online form
- A 350-500-word letter (uploaded using our online form) of why the student is poised to become a leader in the field
ALL ENTRIES become property of Kates-Boylston Publications and will not be returned or individually acknowledged. Students selected to be profiled in our “Ones to Watch” feature will be contacted by our editorial staff in June 2014. Students should be prepared to be interviewed.
Mail Entries to:
AFD's Ones to Watch
3349 Highway 138
Building D, Suite D
Wall, NJ 07719
Email Entries to:
Deadline: June 13, 2014 (postmarked)
Previous Profiles top
2013 Ones To Watch: Gina Krotee, Scott O'Marah, Brittany Kalejta, Dalton R. Parker, Martha Rosales, Marlon Smith
We asked mortuary programs across the country to nominate their best students. See who is making the grade for 2013's "Ones to Watch."
Download a PDF of the article
2012 Ones To Watch: Jeremy Sweeney, John "Brad" Draisey, Danielle Blumenfeld, Ginny Sanzo, and Kyle Smith
Meet five students poised to make an impact on the funeral profession. We're keeping an eye on them – and so should you.
Download a PDF of the article
Please contact Patti Bartsche at email@example.com or 732-730-2583.
Who will be judging my entries?
We will have a distinguished panel of internal judges from our editorial staff. Entries will be held in strict confidence.
How many students can be nominated?
There is no limit to the number of nominations, but each nomination needs its own entry form.
When and how will the winners be announced?
Sudents will be notified in June and honored in American Funeral Director magazine's September 2014 issue.