Agenda Printer Friendly
Step 1: Permanent Memorialization: What We Need to Share with Cremation Families
Julie Burn, Cremation Consultant
Julie Burn, formerly worked with StoneMor Partners, examines how we’re interacting with cremation families, where we’re falling short, and what we can do to ensure they’re getting everything they want and need.
Through the sharing of new data and case studies from the field, she’ll deliver strategies that will help you:
• Teach families about the value of permanent memorialization.
• Leverage your website to provide information.
• Train staff members to provide every option, every time to every family.
To understand how to move forward, we must understand what we’ve been doing and how we can start a new conversation about the options that go along with cremation. Burn will deliver information that you’ll be excited to bring back to your funeral home, crematory and/or cemetery – and to your families.
Step 2: How to Make Money in the Cremation Business
Dan Isard, Founder & president of The Foresight Companies
With a national cremation rate that’s above 40 percent, what can you do to make sure you’re still earning a good return for all your hard work serving families?
Dan Isard, founder & president of The Foresight Companies, will provide you with the tools and knowledge you need to determine whether the families who walk through your doors asking for cremation are concerned about price or something else. You’ll also learn how to:
• Set the right prices.
• Package products and services.
• Avoid operating pitfalls.
Cremation continues to go up, but after this session, you’ll be equipped to keep profits headed in the exact same direction.
Step 3: Pets, Alkaline Hydrolysis and More
Ron Salvatore, division manager of sales and marketing, North American region, Matthews Cremation Division
Ron Salvatore will focus on opportunities to boost market share and efficiently run your business – whether it’s through serving pet parents, offering “greener” options or extending the life of cremation equipment.
As the division manager of sales and marketing, North American region, for Matthews Cremation Division, Salvatore has helped thousands of firms boost market share and capitalize on opportunities. In this session, you’ll learn how to:
• Establish or improve a pet cremation business.
• Cater to green consumers by offering “Bio-Cremation.”
• Offer the necessary mix of cremation merchandise to succeed.
• Train staff and enforce proper cremation procedures.
Don’t miss your chance to learn from one of the profession’s most popular experts on cremation.
Step 4: Beer, Barbecue and The Beatles: A Creative Approach to Overcoming Challenges
Lacy Robinson, Director of Professional Development at Aurora Casket Co.
Beer, Barbecue and The Beatles is a consultative approach to helping funeral home owners, managers and professionals of all experience levels align the service experience with what today’s cremation consumers really want.
Lacy Robinson, director of professional development at Aurora Casket Co., gives you the tools you need to overcome the underlying challenges in serving cremation families. Learn how to:
• Help families plan memorable life celebration events.
• Handle cremation phone inquiries the right way.
• Transform cremation packages from good to great.
Don’t miss this information-packed session that will leave you inspired to create experiences that family and friends will want to remember instead of trying to forget.
Step 5: Finding and Connecting with Cremation Consumers
Ashley Montroy, Marketing Director, FrontRunner Professional
If there were ever a time in the history of funeral service to take a step back and truly evaluate your firm’s marketing strategy and budget – it is now!
Ashley Montroy gives you the tools and insights you need to develop a viable plan to get more fans, more referrals and more business from families that prefer cremation. Learn how to:
• Design a website that meets the needs of today’s connected consumers.
• Identify terms that families search the Internet for, and show up first on search engines.
• Minimize the impact of negative online reviews, and make the positive ones easy to find.
• Develop a coherent and effective social media marketing strategy.
• Turn your families into your biggest advocates
By learning from real examples and proven strategies, you’ll be able to operate smarter – and the payoff will be huge.
BONUS: Q&A Panel
Tour: Anderson-McQueen's Cremation Tribute Center
Meet in the hotel lobby to tour Anderson-McQueen’s Cremation Tribute Center. Learn More.